Condition Severity: Weak
You have been temporarily cut off from some core piece of yourself.
- Diseases, poisons, spells, and other abilities can temporarily dilute your ability scores. This dilution does not actually reduce an ability, but it does apply a penalty upon the affected creature, depending on the ability score which is diluted.
- For every point of dilution you take to a single ability, you suffer the following effects, based on the ability which is damaged:
- Strength: -2 points of damage dealt with all attacks (including spells, ranged, etc).
- Dexterity: -1 to AC (including Touch AC and Flat-footed AC).
- Constitution: -5 to your current and maximum hit points.
- Intelligence: -2 to all skill checks (including non-INT-based skills).
- Wisdom: -2 from all healing received.
- Charisma: -1 to the save DC of any abilities you use.
- The penalties above are cumulative for each point of ability dilution inflicted, though no ability score may ever be reduced below 1.
- Unless otherwise stated by the spell, ability, or effect which inflicted it, all ability scores which have been diluted heal completely at the end of the encounter, regardless of the number of points each of your ability scores were diluted.
- Ability dilution can also be healed through the use of Restoration, Lesser (Spell), Restoration (Spell), or Restoration, Greater (Spell), or through the use of comparable abilities, spells, or effects which specifically state they can be used to cure ability dilution.