Aboleth's Lung (Spell)
- Level: Cleric 2, Druid 2, Sorcerer/Wizard 2
- School: Transmutation
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A piece of seaweed, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature, plus one per 15 caster levels (drop fractions; max 3 at level 30), all of whom must be within 20 feet of each other
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- The targets are rendered unable to breathe air for one round. Due to the sudden, shocking lack of air, victims suffer (Circle 2 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 6d6 at character level 6) points of Winded (physical, uncommon) damage. Affected creatures are allowed a saving throw as described above to reduce the damage taken by half.
- This spell can also be cast upon willing allies, who are submerged in water. Since they can now breathe the water, the duration increases in such cases to a full day (until the end of their next full rest) and they take no damage unless they leave the water, in which case they suffer the Winded damage then, as the spell breaks.