Absorb Toxicity (Spell)
- Level: Alchemist 3, Druid 4, Sorcerer/Wizard 5
- School: Necromancy
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (a thorn from a poisonous plant)
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: you
- Duration: 10 min/lvl or until discharged
- Saving Throw: see text
- Spell Resistance: No
- You absorb the toxicity of your surroundings, becoming toxic as a result. While under the effect of this spell, you are immune to diseases and poisons with which you come into contact. When you are exposed to a disease or poison, you can choose to absorb it. Doing so ends the immunity due to this spell to any disease or poison other than the one you absorbed. You remain immune to the new affliction until this spell ends. Casting Absorb Toxicity on yourself a second time does not allow you to absorb a second toxin, but instead resets the duration of the effect to its full 10 min/lvl.
- While you have a disease or poison absorbed, you can use a Melee Touch Attack to transfer that affliction to another creature. A missed attack does not discharge the spell, and you can try to transfer the affliction again in subsequent rounds. If you hit, this spell is discharged, and your target must make a saving throw against the transferred affliction (DC equal to this spell's save DC or the affliction's save DC, whichever is higher) or suffer its effect or initial effect immediately. The target then continues to suffer from the affliction's normal effects.
- If the spell's duration expires before you have transferred the affliction, you are exposed to any absorbed disease or poison as if you had transferred it to yourself, but you gain a +2 bonus on saves against that particular instance of the disease or poison.