Accursed Glare (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 3
- School: Necromancy
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A scrap of debris from a destroyed cathedral, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature
- Duration: Until the next full moon
- Saving Throw: Will partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 character level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Clutching a memento mori of someplace important to an entire nation, you hiss terrible sounds through your teeth. At the completion of the spell, you channel a fell curse through your glare. If the target fails its saving throw, it begins to obsessively second guess its actions and attract bad luck. The victim gains the Cursed status. If they make a saving throw as described above, the curse is reduced to only Hexed.
- While you cast this spell, an ally within range of the subject can attempt an Intimidate check as a move action (DC = save DC of this spell); on a success, the ally adds its own glare to yours, granting you a +2 bonus on your Caster Check to overcome Spell Resistance (if any). Multiple allies can attempt Intimidate checks; this bonus stacks.
- Synergy: While the Cursed or Hexed condition affects the target, it is magically charged. If another condition overwrites that charge, the energy of this dire spell leaves the victim, taking a goodly portion of their life essence with it. The target suffers (Circle 3 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 10d6 at character level 10) of cold (energy, common) as the magic drags at their essential vitality on the way out of their body. If the condition was Hexed, only half damage is inflicted.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.