Acid Maw (Spell)
- Level: Druid 1, Ranger 1,
- School: Transmutation
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A sour grape, marked with runes, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature, either an Animal Companion or a Mount
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Will negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- One time during the duration of this spell, after making a successful attack either while Mounted or with your Animal Companion, as a free action, you may roll (Circle 1 damage): 1d4 points of damage per character level (max 5d4 at character level 5) of acid (energy, common) damage and apply it to the victim of the attack. This is counted as a separate attack and the damage is not combined with the triggering attacks damage.
- The acid does not harm the Animal Companion or Mount.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.