Adhesive Spittle (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 1
- School: Conjuration (creation)
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A generous mouthful of special liquid glue, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: 15 ft.
- Target or Area: One creature
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 character level
- Spell Resistance: No
- As you cast this spell your speech becomes thick and distorted, as if you have to force the words out through glue. Which is not inaccurate, as you have to drink glue as part of the spell. Once cast, your body holds the magic ready, and your speech returns to normal.
- Once during this spell's duration, you can spit a viscous liquid as a swift action, against a target within range as described above. You do not need to make a to-hit roll against the target, but the target gets a saving throw as described above. On a failed save, the target takes (Circle 1 damage): 1d4 points of damage per character level (max 5d4 at character level 5) points of ripping (physical, uncommon) damage and becomes Immobilized for 1 round. On a successful save, the target is instead Slowed for 1 round, and suffers only half damage.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.