Adjuring Step (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 1
- School: Abjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A rabbit's foot, carefully preserved, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: You
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Will negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This spell creates a subtle and complicated force effect that is most effective when used by a still or slow-moving spellcaster or extract user. While you are subject to this spell, you can take up to two 5-foot steps each round and still cast spells and use spell-like abilities without provoking attacks of opportunity due to your movement. 5-foot steps are free actions which do not use up a move action, but cannot be used in any round in which you use a move action to actually move. If you use a move action to move more than 5 feet at any time during the spell's duration, the spell immediately ends. This means that attacks, and full-round actions (including spells with metamagic) can be used without disrupting the spell's effect. If the action that discharges the spell also provokes attacks of opportunity, that action still provokes attacks of opportunity as normal. Outside of combat, this spell places no limitations on movement.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.