Aggressive Thundercloud (Spell)
- Level: Druid 2, Sorcerer/Wizard 2
- School: Evocation
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A piece of a tree struck by lightning, carved with a lightning bolt, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: 1 size Medium thundercloud.
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- A crackling, spherical storm cloud that fills a single square (5 feet in diameter) appears adjacent to your space and flies as you desire, moving up to 100 feet with Greater Flight. If it enters a space that contains a creature, the storm inflicts (Circle 2 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 6d6 at character level 6) of electricity (energy, common) damage to that creature, though a successful save as noted above halves that damage. Note that this only occurs when the cloud enters a creatures space. If a creature enters or passes through the cloud, purposefully or not, no damage is caused, and indeed, you can deliberately enter the cloud in order to gain concealment. It may only damage a given target once per casting, even if the victim is moved over several times. As noted above, it provides concealment (20% miss chance) to anything within it, and its flickering light illuminates the same area a torch would.
- The sphere moves as you direct it as part of the action of casting it. On any round after the round in which it was cast, it may be further moved with a move action. Otherwise, it stays at rest and crackles with lightning. It can be moved by wind effects, but if moved without the will of the caster, it inflicts no damage, although it still sheds light. The sphere has no physical substance and cannot exert any force on corporeal creatures or objects. It disperses if it exceeds the spell's range and cannot enter impeded or blocked squares.
- The cloud is both an obscuring and a dispersing effect. If it is moved to intersect the area of an obscuring spell (Obscuring (Acid Fog (Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud, Greater (Spell), Barrow Haze (Spell), Cloudkill (Spell), Euphoric Cloud (Spell), Fog Cloud (Spell), Incendiary Cloud (Spell), Mind Fog (Spell), Nauseating Trail (Spell), Plague Storm (Spell), Solid Fog (Spell), Stinking Cloud (Spell), Twilight Haze (Spell))), it disperses it.
- On the other hand, if an Aggressive Thundercloud is subject to the effects of a Dispersing Spell (Dispersing (Wind Wall (Spell), Gust of Wind (Spell), Air Step (Spell), Cloak of Winds (Spell), Hurricane Blast (Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud, Greater (Spell), Calm Air (Spell), Resilient Sphere (Spell), Telekinetic Sphere (Spell), Scouring Winds (Spell), Freedom (Spell), Pillar of Fire (Spell))), then it is in turn dispersed.