Air Geyser (Spell)
- Level: Druid 3, Sorcerer/Wizard 3
- School: Abjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A small fan, elaborately scribed, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe), within a 40 foot diameter blast (an 8x8 space within range)
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You make heaving breaths as you huff out the airy, gusty words of this spell, the air around you surging and puffing madly as you gesture broadly and energetically with a runed fan.
- You create a powerful blast of air capable of flinging your opponents around the battlefield. If any target fails its save as defined above, the force of the air deals (Circle 2 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 6d6 at character level 6) of bludgeoning (physical, common) damage and hurls the target across the battlefield as a push away from the casters space a number of squares equal to your caster level divided by 10, round down, minimum 1. If a solid object (such as a wall, or column) is encountered, the target strikes the object in the same manner as it would during a normal collision, taking Collision Damage of 1d6 per square of push they suffered. If the victim was tossed over a precipice, into a pit, or into another hazardous space, it may take additional effects as adjudicated by the GM. Of course, the targets may fall prone to end any forced movement at any time.
- A successful save as defined above means the target takes half damage from the air blast but negates the slide completely.
- Air Geyser surges the air in a space around in a most deadly fashion, but it does not actually move that air very far, as the air generally settles back where it originated. Thus, this spell does not dissipate gaseous effects and the like. That requires Gust of Wind or similar effects.