- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 1
- School: Abjuration
- Subdomain: home 1
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, F (A tiny bell and a piece of very fine silver wire, worth 10 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: 20-ft.-radius emanation centered on a point in space
- Duration: Until the end of your next full night's rest
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: No
- Alarm creates a subtle ward on an area you select. Once the spell effect is in place, it thereafter sounds a mental or audible alarm each time a creature of Tiny or larger size enters the warded area or touches it. A creature that speaks the password (determined by you at the time of casting) does not set off the Alarm. You decide at the time of casting whether the Alarm will be mental or audible in nature.
- Mental Alarm: A mental Alarm alerts you (and only you) so long as you remain within 1 mile of the warded area. You note a single mental "ping" that awakens you from normal sleep but does not otherwise disturb concentration. Magical silence does not interfere with the mental alarm's ability to alert you.
- Audible Alarm: An audible Alarm produces the sound of a hand bell, and anyone within 60 feet of the warded area can hear it clearly. Reduce the distance by 10 feet for each interposing closed door and by 20 feet for each substantial interposing wall. Magical silence can block an audible alarm.
- In quiet conditions, the ringing can be heard faintly as far as 180 feet away. The sound lasts for 1 round.
- Creatures affected by Cloistered, Displaced, Exiled, or Fogged do not trigger the Alarm. Likewise, Ethereal or Astral creatures do not trigger the Alarm, though Invisible creatures do.
- In addition, one time during any encounter that occurs after having triggered the Alarm, the caster of the spell may choose one creature within the encounter, and inflict the Quelled condition on that creature as a swift action. This effect has no saving throw, and ignores spell resistance, but has no effect on creatures with roles that ignore or are resistant to conditions, such as Heavies and Threats.