Anticipate Peril (Ranger Poultice)
- Level: Ranger 1
- School: Enchantment
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A specially-prepared cricket's hind leg, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Touch
- Target or Area: one target creature, plus one per 10 character levels (drop fractions; max 4 at level 30), allied creatures you touch, which may include yourself
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Will negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You snap out the clipped-off, staccato phrases of this spell in a single rush of sounds, touching your self or one or more allies who you wish to empower as described above.
- A creature affected by Anticipate Peril gains a preternatural sense of danger. The first time during this spell's duration that any target has to make an Initiative check, each touched creature adds a +3 Arcane Bonus on that initiative check, with an additional +1 per ten character levels of the caster, drop fractions. Thus, +3 initiative up to level 10, +4 initiative at 11 to 20th level, +5 initiative at 21st to 30th levels, and +6 initiative at 31st level and above. Once this bonus applies, the effects of the spell end.
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.