Antimagic Field (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 6
- School: Abjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (A pinch of powdered iron or iron filings, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Self, and see below
- Target or Area: 10-ft.-radius emanation (2 squares from the edge of your space), centered on you
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- As you intone the weird, almost reverse-sounding phrases of this powerful magic, you feel all of your magical power fade, gutter out, and vanish. While this terrible effect lasts, an invisible barrier surrounds you and moves with you. The space within this barrier is impervious to most magical effects, including spells, spell-like abilities, and supernatural abilities, from both players and monsters. Likewise, it prevents the functioning of any command word activated or consumable magic items or spells within its confines, including your own. Armor, shields, weapons, and other persistent or attuned magic items are not affected.
- An Antimagic Field suppresses any spell or magical effect used within, brought into, or cast into the area, but does not dispel it. Time spent within an Antimagic Field counts against the suppressed spell's duration. This may be of great utility against certain poisons, curses, or other negative magical effects such as fogs or death fields.
- Summoned creatures of any type wink out if they enter an Antimagic Field, either of their own volition or if the user moves the field onto them. They reappear in the same spot once the field goes away. Time spent winked out counts normally against the duration of the magic that is maintaining the creature. If you cast or impose Antimagic Field in an area occupied by a summoned creature that has Spell Resistance (SR), you must make a Caster Check against the creature's SR to make it wink out. (The effects of instantaneous conjurations are not affected by an Antimagic Field because the conjuration itself is no longer in effect, only its result.)
- A normal creature can enter the area, as can normal missiles. Furthermore, while a magic sword does not function magically within the area, it is still a sword, armor still provides basic protection, and all Extraordinary abilities (including most monster melee attacks) still work normally. While under the effects of Antimagic Field, it is suggested that players re-calculate all their abilities without benefit of their magic items. Note that this can be quite debilitating if you are not prepared!
- The spell has no effect on Constructs that are imbued with magic during their creation process and are thereafter self-supporting. Elementals, Undead, Outsiders and all other non-summoned monsters are likewise unaffected. All types of monster spell-like or supernatural abilities may be temporarily nullified by the field. Dispel Magic (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell) does not remove the field.
- Two or more Antimagic Fields sharing any of the same space have no effect on each other. Certain spells, such as Wall of Force (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Prismatic Sphere (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), and Prismatic Wall (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), remain unaffected by Antimagic Field. Artifacts and deities are unaffected by mortal magic such as this.
- Should a creature be larger than the area enclosed by the barrier, any part of it that lies outside the barrier is unaffected by the field.
- This spell lays a dual charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell instead lays a dual charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have a dual charge, a divine charge, or an arcane charge, may choose only one of these effects to keep. Dual charges are treated as both an arcane and a divine charge, and a creature may only ever have a single arcane charge and divine charge present on them at a time.
- While under the effects of this spell, it is very difficult to have another effect also lay a charge as very few spells can enter to reach you.
Circle Damage for Spells
| Spell Circle
|| Burn Cost
|| Min Character Level (CL)
|| Base Dice
|| Max Dice