Arcane Sight, Greater (Spell)
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, M(A tattered bit of web, mounted on velvet, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This spell functions like Arcane Sight (Spell), except that you automatically know the direction, power, and number of different magical auras and the general direction of the most potent aura within your sight as a swift action.
More intense scrutiny reveals more information:
- 1 Full Round: The location of each aura within the target area. If the items or creatures bearing the auras are in line of sight, you can make Knowledge (Arcana) skill checks to determine more information about the spell or spell effect involved in each aura. (Make one check per aura: DC 10 + 4x spell level, or 10 + 2x caster level for a non-spell effect.) If the aura emanates from a magic item, you can attempt to identify its properties with a Bailiwick skill check (Divinity, Naturalism, Reason, Spellcraft, Spycraft, or Warfare).
- Magical areas, multiple types of magic, or strong local magical emanations may distort or conceal weaker auras.
- Special: If you wish, you may violently expend the magic of your Arcane Sight as a standard action. This may be included in the action of casting the spell if you are in a hurry. The energy of the spell lances from your eyes as a ravening blue beam of power. This is a ray attack, against a foe within range to which you have line of sight and line of effect. This ray inflicts (Circle 7 damage): 1d6+2 points of damage per character level (max 20d6+40 at character level 20) of stellar (energy, rare) damage.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.