- Level: Cleric 6, Sorcerer/Wizard 7
- School: Abjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, F (see text)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one or more extraplanar creatures, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: WILL negates
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- A Banishment spell is a more powerful version of Dismissal (Spell). It enables you to force extraplanar creatures out of your home plane. As many as 2 Hit Dice of creatures per caster level can be banished.
- You can improve the spell's chance of success by presenting at least one object or substance that the target hates, fears, or otherwise opposes. For each such object or substance, you gain a +1 bonus on your Caster Check to overcome the target's Spell Resistance (SR) (if any), and the saving throw DC increases by 2.
- Certain rare items might work twice as well as a normal item for the purpose of the bonuses (each providing a +2 bonus on the Caster Check against SR and increasing the save DC by 4).