Banshee Blast (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 6
- School: Necromancy
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A bit of cloth from a funerary shroud, runed, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: 30 foot cone (6x6 square area adjacent to the casters space.)
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Will partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You speak the words of this dire spell in a shrill, unreasoning tone, your voice rising as you near completion, until you end the spell with a titanic spectral shriek, arms widespread.
- You create a cone of spectral energy covering six by six squares, as torrents of ghostly shapes seem to pour from your mouth and dive into the bodies of all creatures in the area of effect, wholly or partially. This inflicts (Circle 6 damage): 1d6+2 points of damage per character level (max 16d6+32 at character level 16) of negative (energy, uncommon) and inflicts the Startled condition. A successful save (described above) halves this damage, and reduces the status effect to Anxious.