Barrow Haze (Spell)
- Level: Cleric 3, Sorcerer/Wizard 3
- School: Necromancy
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A bit of decaying flesh from a graveyard, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe), in a cloud that spreads in 20-ft. radius, 20 ft. high (a 9x9x4 square space)
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: No
- You praise the graveyard, that place of dank stenches, the garden of bones. At the culmination of the spell, dark vapors ooze upwards, grasping all in their clammy embrace.
- Barrow Haze creates a bank of fog similar to that created by Fog Cloud (Spell), except the vapors are black and they have a necromantic tinge. All creatures which pass through one or more of these squares gains the Singed condition, inflicting negative (energy, uncommon) damage. If a creature ends its movement in one or more of these squares, it gains the Burned condition, also inflicting negative (energy, uncommon).
- Note that some Undead may be healed by the effects of this spell!
- A moderate wind (11+ mph) disperses and dispels the effect in 2 rounds; a strong wind (21+ mph) disperses and dispels the effect in 1 round. The spell effect cannot penetrate liquids, nor can it be cast underwater or in other fluids. Other Environmental Effects may disperse or enhance it at the GM's discretion.
- This spell is subject to dispersal by Dispersing spells. Dispersing spells contain vigorous winds, fresh air, air currents, or other effects. Squares of this spells effect which intersect with a Dispersing Spell's squares of effect are dispelled, but all other squares remain. GM's adjudicate all unusual circumstances.
- Dispersing Spells include Dispersing (Wind Wall (Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud (Spell), Gust of Wind (Spell), Air Step (Spell), Cloak of Winds (Spell), Hurricane Blast (Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud, Greater (Spell), Calm Air (Spell), Resilient Sphere (Spell), Telekinetic Sphere (Spell), Scouring Winds (Spell), Freedom (Spell), Pillar of Fire (Spell)), and any other effects the GM rules as dispersing gases, fogs, mists, etc.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.
- The charge this spell lays affects the caster, not the creatures in the fog.