Bed of Iron (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 1
- School: Necromancy
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A decorated feather or embroidered swatch of soft fabric, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Touch
- Target or Area: one target creature, plus one per 10 character levels (drop fractions; max 4 at level 30), allies only, touched by the caster.
- Duration: Until the end of your next full night's rest
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Fortitude negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You quietly intone the soft poetry of this spell as you gently touch a number of your allies, which may include yourself, as described above. This spell makes even the clunkiest armor feel soft as silk to the wearer.
- The subjects of this spell are able to sleep comfortably in medium or heavy armor without suffering from fatigue the following day. In addition, all Armor Check penalties from Armor are reduced by 1 (minimum penalty 0) for the duration of the spell, and these penalties are reduced by 2 at character level 21 and above. This does not reduce any penalties from a Shield, however.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.