Blade Snare (Spell)
- Level: Druid 3, Sorcerer/Wizard 3
- School: Abjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A small blade carved or wood, bone, or metal, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe), a 10 foot radius centered on the caster, typically a 5x5 area.
- Duration: Until the start of your next turn
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 character level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You whistle, loud and shrill, then rattle out the phrases of this spell in a rapid patter. At the culmination of this spell, you drive a blade into the nearest surface, usually the ground beneath your feet. Blades explode from the ground or other surface around you, stabbing and snaring all creatures around you.
- All creatures within ten feet of your space (usually a 5x5 square) suffer (Circle 3 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 10d6 at character level 10) of slashing (physical, common) damage and are hindered by the blades damaging their motive limbs. Affected creatures are allowed a save as defined above to reduce the damage by half, but the Hindered condition is not removed. Any creature which is not adjacent to a surface (wall, floor, ceiling, adjacent to a space Blocked by a pillar, etc.) is Immune to the effects of this spell.