Blade Tutor's Spirit (Ranger Poultice)
- Level: Ranger 2
- School: Conjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: You
- Duration: Until the end of your next full night's rest
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Will negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You summon an insubstantial spirit of force that resembles a cloudy vapor hovering around your fists or any melee weapons you wield. The spirit compensates for your defensive or reckless melee attacks, nudging your weapons in the proper direction.
- When you voluntarily use one or more actions or feats that apply penalties to attack rolls with your melee weapons (such as a Charge, Fighting Defensively, or using the Power Attack (Feat)), the spirit reduces the total penalty on affected attacks by 1 (to a minimum penalty of 0). The penalty is reduced by an additional 1 for every 5 caster levels you possess (to a minimum penalty of 0). Only penalties incurred by voluntary use of feats or maneuvers are reduced by this spell.
- The spirit can’t be attacked or harmed by physical attacks, but Dispel Magic (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Mage's Disjunction (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), and similar effects can affect it.
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.