- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 1
- School: Illusion (glamer)
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: S, M (A dried chameleon, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: You
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: No
- When you recite the quiet words of this spell in your mind and perform the vague, wavering gestures the magic requires, you draw upon the power of the chameleon to change the coloration of yourself and your equipment to match that of your surroundings.
- This mottled array of muted colors, exactly matching your background no matter how you are viewed, grants you a +1 Arcane or Divine Bonus (depending on caster) to all Stealth checks made during the duration of this spell.
- In addition, this blending-in camouflage allows you to initiate a stealth stance without the need for cover or concealment, but only while you move no more than half your Walk speed per move action, no matter which movement type you use. If you move more than half your walk speed with any given move action, you gain no benefit from this spell until the start of your next turn. Abilities that enable faster movement while Stealthed have no effect on the behavior of this spell.
- If you make an attack, this spell ends immediately and your coloration returns to normal.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.