Blight (Ranger Poultice)
- Level: Ranger 4
- School: Necromancy
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (A pinch of spores mixed into rotted meat.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe) a 20 foot radius spread (a 9x9 space within range)
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 caster level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This poultice is made from rotten fruits, roots, stems, and leaves, all infested with rot spores and fungi. The holder of the plaster activates it my pressing in a generous punch of mold spores while uttering the most vile sounds. The poultice seethes with corruption, and at the culmination of this spoilage, the holder throws the seething, blighted mass of tissue. Choose a square within range, to which the holder has line of sight and line of effect. The blighted mass of the seething poultice flies there with unerring accuracy, and bursts into a 20-foot radius spread of horrible corruption (a 9x9 square, affected creatures must have line of effect from the center square).
- This spell corrupts and blights all things. All creatures wholly or partially in the area of effect suffer (Circle 5 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 15d6+15 at character level 15) of necrotic (energy, uncommon) damage. Affected creatures are allowed a saving throw as described above to only take half damage.
- "Natural" creatures (with the subtypes Animal or Plant) suffer a -2 penalty to their saving throw against this spell.
- This spell has no effect on the soil or surrounding plant life.