- Level: Cleric 3, Sorcerer/Wizard 2
- School: Necromancy
- Domain: darkness 2
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: one target creature
- Duration: Until the end of your next full night's rest
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Without a single movement, and needing nothing but your own fell knowledge, you call aloud upon the powers of unlife to render the subject blind to sight or sound, as you choose.
- Chose a target within range, and call down your dark benison. A patch of darkness shoots forth at your command and settles upon your target's eyes, or ears, as you choose. If you wish to blind and deafen a single subject, two castings of this spell will be needed.
- The victim is allowed a saving throw, as above, to reduce the blind condition to merely dazzled, as shreds of darkness cloud their vision or muffle their hearing.
- If you cast this spell upon a victim already suffering a Blind or Dazzle, their saving throw against this spell receives a -2 Arcane or Divine penalty, depending upon the caster.
- Synergy: This spell lays a charge. If another charge is laid, even by a second casting of this spell, the caster may choose to dismiss their first spell's effects, as a free action, and inflict (Circle 3 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 10d6 at character level 10) points of negative (energy, uncommon) as the fell magics tear their way free of their senses. Thus you can both blind and deafen a foe with two castings, or blind or deafen, and inflict damage.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.