Bloody Arrows (Ranger Poultice)
- Level: Ranger 3
- School: Conjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (An arrow, recovered from the body of a dead creature, worth 1 gp, 0 gp if found.)
- Range: Long (200 ft. + 20 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: two target creatures, plus one per 10 character levels (drop fractions; max 5 at level 30), all of whom must be within 30 feet of each other.
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: No
- This poultice is brewed of bitter herbs and astringent saps, mixed with wood and blood. The holder activates this dire blend by slathering it upon an arrow taken from a corpse. The holder jabs the gory arrow at their foe, and with each frenzied thrust, they conjure a copy of said arrow, brimming with bloody potential. When the power of the poultice has created all the mystical copies it is able to, the original arrow dissolves into blood and the conjured arrows streak forth.
- This poultice creates one arrow per character level of the herbalist Ranger who brewed the poultice, each of which inflicts 1d6+1 points of spindling (physical, rare) damage, to a maximum of 15 arrows. Each arrow strikes unerringly, and the arrows may be directed at one or more targets as defined above. There is no saving throw or attack roll. This custom damage profile is treated as Circle 5 for Manaburning purposes, namely, expending one additional spell moves the damage to the normal damage profile for Circle 6, and the number of arrows will increase so that there is always one arrow per die rolled. The maximum number of targets remains capped at five, as above, and the holder of the poultice may assign arrows to targets as they wish.