- Level: Bard 3, Cleric 3, Sorcerer/Wizard 3
- School: Illusion
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A bit of cloth, stitched with a sigil, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe), in a 30 foot burst around a target square (a 7x7 area)
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Will partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You reach into the World of the Unreal and gather vast amounts of nothingness. Rather than forming this into the semblance of Reality and forcing your will onto it, you simply pour it into reality and then figuratively 'smear it around', doing your best to blot out all of reality in an area within range you choose.
- All creatures in the area of effect suffer (Circle 3 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 10d6 at character level 10) of fictive (energy, uncommon) damage as they are smeared out of existence directly, leaving them feeling weirdly...diluted. A saving throw as above may be attempted to reduce this damage by half. Creatures killed by this spell leave behind only vaguely organic masses of tissue, with any surviving treasure and remnants mixed in.
- Due to the non-existence effects of this spell, there are potent effects against all symbology. Pictures, paintings, carvings, statues, and in particular all forms of writing suffer heavy damage. This spell reduces all types of writing and other recognizable symbols found on any sort of surface within range into illegible smears. It affects books, carvings on stone, or even tattoos with equal ease. It does not affect writing that is not actually physically on a surface, such as a projection, reflection, or anything similar. All spellbooks and magical items that contain writing (such as scrolls or Knowledge Crystals)are subject to a Sunder attempt, as the caster of Blot may make a Caster Check against their Sunder DC or the Maneuver Defense of their owner. (You may make one Caster Check and compare it to all DC's and Maneuver Defenses in the area, for brevity.)
- Against magical writing created by or embodying magical trap effects (such as Glyph of Warding (Spell) or a Symbol ), Blot has no effect, the specialized magic of a trap not 'reading' as communication to the Unreality. This spell also has no effect on writing found on artifacts or similarly unique surfaces, and of course, has no other physical effect on anything that is not writing. The GM adjudicates all unusual circumstances