Blur (Bard Spell)
- Level: Bard 2
- School: Illusion
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V
- Range: Touch
- Target or Area: one target creature touched
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Will negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Upon casting this spell, until the duration expires, if the subject moves at least 15 feet from their starting point each round, they benefit from a 20% miss chance as if they had Partial Concealment. This miss chance lasts until the end of the subject's next turn. Unlike actual Partial Concealment, Blur does not prevent enemies from targeting the creature normally. True Seeing (Cleric Spell) reveals its true location and negates the miss chance. See Invisibility (Bard Spell) does not counteract the Blur effect.
- If the subject's movement doubles back on itself, or otherwise ends in a space less than 15 feet away from their starting point at the start of their turn , the spell does not provide its benefit to the subject that round, though the duration of the spell continues to count down. If the subject is able to move an adequate amount in future rounds, within the remaining duration of the spell, they gain the miss chance as described until the end of their next turn.
- Opponents that cannot see the subject ignore the spell's effect (though fighting an unseen opponent carries penalties of its own).
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.