Bouncy Body (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 1
- School: Abjuration
- Casting Time: Immediate Action
- Components: V, S, M (A bit of Gum Arabic, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Touch
- Target or Area: Creature touched
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- As you speak the cadence of this spell, your words rush faster and faster until they trail away, the magic being imparted by your touch. The target’s flesh becomes flexible and rubbery. As a result, they gain a +2 Arcane Bonus on Grapple maneuver checks and Escape Artist checks, as well as to their Maneuver Defense to resist being grappled.
- Any time the target would take Falling Damage or Collisions damage they treat falls or their impact speed as 5 feet shorter (or slower) per caster level of the person who cast this spell (minimum 0) for the purpose of determining damage. When cast by a high-level caster, this spell renders you nearly immune to falling and collision damage.
- In addition, if the target falls against a hard surface, it can attempt an Acrobatics check (DC = an Average Check for the CR of the creature or item or area which caused the fall) to attempt to bounce upward; success means the creature bounces upward the full distance fallen, allowing you to return to your starting point. You may only bounce like this once per fall, physics can only be broken so much by one spell, and the referee adjudicates all unusual situations.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.