Break Enchantment (Spell)
- Level: Bard 4, Cleric 5, Paladin 4, Sorcerer/Wizard 5
- School: Abjuration
- Domain: liberation 5, luck 5
- Subdomain: restoration 5
- Casting Time: 1 minute
- Components: V, S
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: up to one creature per level, all within 30 ft. of each other
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: see text
- Spell Resistance: No
- This spell frees victims from Enchantments, Transmutations, and curses. Break Enchantment can reverse even an instantaneous effect. For each such effect, you make a Caster Check against a DC equal to a Challenging Skill Check of the same Challenge Rating (CR) as the effect. Success means that the creature is free of the spell, curse, or effect. For a cursed magic item, the DC is equal to the DC of the curse.
- If the spell is one that cannot be dispelled by Dispel Magic (Spell) or Stone to Flesh (Spell), Break Enchantment works only if that spell is 5th level or lower.
- If the effect comes from a permanent magic item, Break Enchantment does not remove the curse from the item, but it does free the victim from the item's effects.