- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 9
- School: Abjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A large pine cone and a porcupine quill, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: None
- Target or Area: one target creature, plus one per 10 character levels (drop fractions; max 4 at level 30) within a 25-foot cone
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 caster level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- When casting this spell, eerie eldritch wisps of greenish energy pour from your hands. As the spell reaches completion at the culmination of the casting, this energy coalesces into massive bristling cones of energy. The cones target enemy creatures in a 25-foot cone (a 5x5 square area which must be adjacent to your space). The energy sweeps forth and strikes 1 enemy creature in the area you designate, plus one additional enemy creature per ten caster levels you possess (drop fractions).
- Depending upon your inclinations, a powerful scent of pine may accompany this energy.
- The massive cones of greenish energy are covered in secondary barbs of energy, and those secondary barbs sprout further sharp, pointed barbs, so that creatures affected by this spell are hooked and torn by the energy projections. Non-targeted enemies in the area of effect find the energies to be unnerving, but insubstantial.
- Targeted creatures take (Circle 7 damage): 1d6+2 points of damage per character level (max 20d6+40 at character level 20) as slashing (physical, common) damage. In addition, they are Pushed two squares directly away from the spellcaster, plus one additional square per ten caster levels (drop fractions).
- Creatures that succeed on a Reflex saving throw take half damage from the spell, and are Pushed only half the distance away (drop fractions). As with all forced movement, affected creatures may choose to voluntarily fall Prone to end it at any time.