- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (a thin leather collar, worth 1 gp)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature, plus one per 10 character levels (drop fractions; max 4 at level 30)
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This spell afflicts one target creature, plus one per 10 character levels (drop fractions; max 4 at level 30). These creatures must all be within close range and no two of them may be further than thirty feet from one another.
- This spell affects creatures of any type in the spell area that the caster can see. This spell afflicts the creatures with a nigh unbreakable enchanted compulsion to remain utterly still. Even if they remain motionless, they seem to twitch and shudder in place, as though a thousand tiny agonies run across their forms, tormenting them.
- If creatures submit to this Compulsion, they are considered Paralyzed for as long as they obey, but they suffer no other ill effects, except for the harmless but alarming spasms they endure as described above.
- If creatures choose to resist this spell, they may make a FORT save as detailed above. If they choose to resist the spell but fail their saving throw, they take no damage but are Paralyzed as above.
- If they choose to resist the spell and succeed, they suffer half of (Circle 9 damage): 1d6+3 points of damage per character level (max 25d6+75 at character level 25) as gnashing (physical, uncommon) damage. Aside from this damage, they take no other effects from this spell.
- Synergy: The paralyzed condition of this spell is not real. If an affected creature who was paralyzed decides to just move anyway, the paralyzed condition immediately ends, but they suffer full Circle 9 gnashing damage as above, as the energy of the spell tears itself free from their bodies. The same is true if another condition is applied upon them which overwrites the Paralyzation.
- If the effects of the spell are Dispelled, Disjoined, or otherwise cured, they do not suffer this effect.