- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 1
- School: Enchantment (compulsion)
- Casting Time: Immediate Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: One creature
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Will negates
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 character level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This spell is a single sharp word and a shunning gesture, able to be blurted in haste at nearly any time. Choose a target within range that is about to make a d20 roll of any kind. That target must make a Will save against the DC defined above. If it fails its Will save, the target suffers a penalty to the roll equal to -1d4+1. In addition, the target cannot achieve a critical result, regardless of the result of the roll. If the target succeeds on its will save, its d20 roll suffers no penalty, but it still cannot achieve a critical result, regardless of the actual result of the roll.
- You must declare you are using this spell before the result of your target's d20 roll is announced or resolved. If, after having this spell cast upon it, a creature chooses not to complete its action (which caused the d20 roll), that creature loses the use of its Standard Action for the round (there is no Will save to resist this).