Burning Arc (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 2
- School: Evocation
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A pinch of ash and garnet powder, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: 20 foot cone (4x4 square area adjacent to the caster's space)
- Target or Area: one target creature, plus one per 10 character levels (drop fractions; max 4 at level 30) (each of which must be within the cone)
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This spell causes a gout of flame to leap from your fingers, burning an enemy nearby, then leaping from that enemy to a second, a third, etc as the caster grows more powerful. It deals (Circle 2 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 6d6 at character level 6) points of fire (energy, common) damage.
- Each target can attempt a saving throw as described above for half damage. The caster may choose targets as they like, but all targets must be within the cone area of effect at least partially, and no target can be struck more than once. The caster can choose to affect fewer targets than the maximum if they wish.