Burning Disarm (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 1
- School: Transmutation
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature, creature holding a metal object, or one unattended metal object, weapon-sized, or size tiny or smaller
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 caster level
- Spell Resistance: No
- This spell causes a metal object within range to instantly become red hot. If the object is being held by a creature (such as a wielded weapon, or a metal door handle, a chain they are holding onto, etc) the creature suffers (Circle 1 damage): 1d4 points of damage per character level (max 5d4 at character level 5) of fire (energy, common) damage. The creature targeted makes a saving throw as detailed above to take half damage. The heat does not harm the item, and it does not get hot enough or last long enough to ignite flammable objects. The item cools to its previous temperature almost instantly. If cast underwater, Burning Disarm deals half damage and heats the surrounding water.
- In addition, the caster may choose to make a Caster Check against the creature's Maneuver Defense to perform a Disarm maneuver against the target. If this roll succeeds, the creature suffers the usual effects of being Disarmed, and at the GM's discretion, may suffer additional effects. Letting go of the chain you are clinging to above a bottomless rift has dire consequences indeed.