Burst of Revelation (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 8
- School: Enchantment
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A tiny vial of stardust, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Long (200 ft. + 20 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: one target creature, plus one per 20 character levels (drop fractions; max 2 at level 20)
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Will partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 caster level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You cast this spell in a scholarly tone, reciting aloud the merits and demerits of Thought versus Void. You sprinkle stardust before you, your learned words imparting freighted portents in the sprightly fall of the particles. At the end of your proclamation, you choose targets in range to which you have line of sight, and you open their sensorium to the full depths and breadths of what is perceptible.
- The revelation is invariably devastating.
- Targets you choose suffer (Circle 9 damage): 1d6+3 points of damage per character level (max 25d6+75 at character level 25) of an exotic energy damage, that you may choose at the time of casting. You may choose threnodic (energy, rare) damage, as you expose them to the Music of the Spheres. You may choose tenebrous (energy, rare) damage, as you show them the inevitable march of entropy. You may choose eldritch (energy, rare) damage, as you engulf them in the mana field of the universe. Or you may choose freezacid (energy, rare) damage, as you let them listen to the shrieking vibration of True Nothingness.
- Few creatures are ever interested in a second lesson. But you have so many things to show your enemies....