- Caster check is a general term used to describe making a skill check in order to use a magic spell to 'do something' against a bad guy. This can be wrestling your magical effect through a monster's spell resistance, using a grease spell to disarm an orc, or making tentacles do... stuff... to a whole roomful of demons.
- This is mechanically similar to a Concentration Check.
- See Spellcraft, Divinity, Reason, or Naturalism for details.
- Some feats, such as Combat Casting (Feat) and Spell Penetration (Feat), can be selected to improve your caster checks in certain situations.
- The target DC of this check is usually the creature's Maneuver Defense, but it can sometimes be a Challenging skill DC, or (in the case of defensive casting) 10 + (spell level x 4).