Caustic Blood (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 5
- School: Transmutation
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A vial of venom, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: You
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 caster level
- Spell Resistance: No
- You imbue your blood with corrosive acid. Any time you take physical damage from a melee attack, a spray of acidic blood spurts from your body, striking the opponent who inflicted the wound, dealing (Circle 4 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 12d6+12 at character level 12) of Acid (energy, common) damage. Creatures affected by this may make a reflex save, as detailed above, to reduce this damage by half.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.