Chain of Perdition (Spell)
- Level: Cleric 3, Sorcerer/Wizard 3
- School: Enchantment
- Subdomain: psychopomp (death, repose) 3
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A runed chain link, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe) in a 20 foot radius (9x9 space)
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- As you cast this spell, the harsh, rattling phonemes spilling from your lips, a myriad of floating chains of pure magic, with hooks at each end, appear within the area of effect. At the culmination of the spell, the chains become terribly real, and whip themselves around all creatures in the area of effect, friend or foe, steely hard links biting and grinding horribly as they tighten, and tighten.... Quickly, the tension reaches an absolute bone-snapping peak...and then the chains all snap, and vanish.
- All creatures in the area of effect suffer (Circle 3 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 10d6 at character level 10) of crushing (physical, common) and are rendered Unsteady. If they succeed on a saving throw as detailed above, they only suffer half damage and are not Unsteady.