Chaos Engine (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 9
- School: Transmutation
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (one severed hand from any creature, clapping, worth 1 gp, or 0 gp if "acquired")
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe) in a 30 foot area (6 x 6 squares.)
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 caster level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You cast this spell, and for the merest moment, you transform the target area within your range into a version of TRUE Reality.
- The shrieking eldritch mechanisms which make Reality Real are exposed, in all their furious, gnashing horror. Energy surges from place to place seemingly willy-nilly, the ground opens and gnashes with hyper-real edges, air hammers, and blows, and gasps, as it fulfills functions beyond mortal ken, and a hundred other terrible things besides.
- All creatures, friend or foe, who are wholly or partially caught within the dire grip of the Chaos Engine when it is laid bare suffer (Circle 9 damage): 1d6+3 points of damage per character level (max 25d6+75 at character level 25) in the form of thundercrash (energy, rare) damage.
- Affected creatures are allowed a FORT save against the miserable rearrangement of their innards. If they make the save, they only suffer half damage from the terrible and awesome effects of the Chaos Engine.