Circle of Death (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 6
- School: Necromancy
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A crushed black pearl worth 416 gp)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe), within a 30-ft.-radius burst (a 13 x 13 square area)
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You hold aloft the remnants of a precious pearl, destroyed to honor your imprecations, as you implore dark forces to intercede on your behalf...and they answer.
- Circle of Death snuffs out the life force of living creatures, causing their vitality to dim, and for the weak, killing them instantly. The spell inflicts (Circle 7 damage): 1d6+2 points of damage per character level (max 20d6+40 at character level 20) of necrotic (energy, uncommon) damage to all living things in the area of effect. Undead and constructs are not alive, and thus are Immune to this damage. The GM adjudicates all unusual instances and creatures. Living creatures are allowed a saving throw as described above to reduce the damage inflicted by half. This spell is extremely destructive to vegetation, and can be used to clear ground for purposes of farming, warfare, construction, or defense, but the indiscriminate reaping makes the likelihood of collateral deaths very high...if you care about such things.