Cloak of Dreams (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 6
- School: Enchantment
- Subdomain: nightmare 6, whimsy 6
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A rose petal and a drop of perfume, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Will negates
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 character level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You murmur sweet words, much like a lullaby, as you infuse a rose petal with the rarest and most expensive of soothing fragrances. The rose petal wafts forth, fluttering seductively toward your target, to whom you must have line of sight and line of effect.
- The rose petal is a magical ray. If you succeed on a ranged touch attack, your target is surrounded by a soporific nimbus of sweet-smelling enchanted rose petals that causes living creatures to fall Asleep. There is no saving throw against falling Asleep, but once Asleep, creatures may save as normal against the DC defined above to shake off the condition naturally. Creatures with the scent special quality have a -4 penalty on their saves to shake off the Asleep condition.
- Synergy: If another condition is applied to an Asleep creature due to the effects of this spell, the gentle magics turn fierce as they dissipate. The target suffers (Circle 7 damage): 1d6+2 points of damage per character level (max 20d6+40 at character level 20) of rugosic (physical, uncommon) damage as they are rudely crashed into shivering wakefulness.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.