Cloak of Winds (Spell)
- Level: Druid 3, Sorcerer/Wizard 3
- School: Abjuration
- Elemental School: air 3, wood 3
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A puff of air expelled by an air elemental, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You whistle and blow, the sounds carrying magic to swirl around your target, your hands working the wind to mold its flow.
- You shroud a creature in a whirling screen of strong, howling wind. The subject is never checked or blown away by winds of Tornado or lesser strength (whether natural or magically created), and they receive a special form of damage resistance that applies to all types of area of effect damage. The special damage resistance will stack with other sources, although such things are rare. They receive a point of resistance per Caster Level of the spells caster.
- In addition, size Tiny or smaller creatures must succeed at a Maneuver Offense check against the recipients Maneuver Defense to successfully touch or attack the subject in melee. Failure pushes it 5 feet away from the subject.
- This spell can be used to disperse Obscuring spells. Gases, fogs, and vapors that intersect the squares occupied by this spell are dispersed in those squares.
- Obscuring spells include: Obscuring (Nauseating Trail (Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud (Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud, Greater (Spell), Euphoric Cloud (Spell), Fog Cloud (Spell), Twilight Haze (Spell), Barrow Haze (Spell), Stinking Cloud (Spell), Solid Fog (Spell), Mind Fog (Spell), Cloudkill (Spell), Acid Fog (Spell), Plague Storm (Spell), Incendiary Cloud (Spell), Twilight Haze (Paladin Spell), Mind Fog (Paladin Spell), Fog Cloud (Ranger Poultice), Mind Fog (Bard Spell), Fog Cloud (Alchemist Extract), Nauseating Trail (Alchemist Extract), Stinking Cloud (Alchemist Extract), Barrow Haze (Cleric Spell), Plague Storm (Cleric Spell)), and any other effects the GM rules as being affected.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.