Cone of Cold (Spell)
- Level: Alchemist 5, Sorcerer/Wizard 5
- School: Evocation
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A small crystal or glass cone, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: 50 foot cone-shaped burst, a 10 x 10 square area adjacent to your space.
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- The dry, crisp tones of this spell leave your lips carried on a gust of chill vapor, the wisps of frigid mist a mere precursor to the mind-numbing, bone-chilling 'snap' of utter, outer chill that bursts forth when the magic culminates.
- Cone of Cold creates an area of extreme cold, originating at your hand and extending outward in a cone adjacent to your space, 50 feet on a side (a 10 x 10 square space). It drains heat, dealing (Circle 5 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 15d6+15 at character level 15) of cold (energy, common). This affects all creatures caught wholly or partially in the area of effect, who are allowed a Saving Throw as described above to suffer half damage instead.