Conjure Deadfall (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 4
- School: Conjuration (creation)
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A fistful of finely made tacks, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe), within a 5x5 square space
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: No
- The syllables of this spell seem to ring and gong most strangely, as you conjure into existence a large metal plate covered in sharp spikes, which then drops onto your targets. The conjured plate will conform to any Blocked squares, so it may appear with 'holes' or odd-shapes to fit in strange areas, but it will never 'stretch', it only grows smaller to conform to an area.
- When you conjure the plate it immediately plummets downward onto all creatures below it. All creatures in the 5x5 affected area, wholly or partially, suffer (Circle 4 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 12d6+12 at character level 12) of crushing (physical, common). Affected creatures may make a saving throw as detailed above to take half damage. Note that this damage is inflicted by a conjured object, and thus bypasses Spell Resistance, even though the metal plate vanishes in mere instants after the damage is inflicted.