Constricting Coils (Spell)
- Level: Cleric 7, Druid 7, Sorcerer/Wizard 7
- School: Conjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A nail and some string, worth 1gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: Any one creature
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: Will partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Upon gasping out the halting, straining words of this spell, you cause eerie coils of grasping muscle to snap into place around your chosen victim.
- A creature that fails the save suffers (Circle 7 damage): 1d6+2 points of damage per character level (max 20d6+40 at character level 20) of bludgeoning (physical, common) damage, becomes Paralyzed, and freezes in place. It is aware and breathes normally but cannot take any actions, even speech, until it expends a Full-Round Action and a Move Action to end the condition. If a creature successfully saves against the spell, it takes half damage and is still Paralyzed, but must only expend a Move Action to end the condition. A winged creature who is paralyzed cannot flap its wings and falls. A swimmer can't swim and may drown.