Contagious Flame (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 6
- School: Evocation
- Elemental School: fire 6
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A ball of mixed sulfur and guano, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe), in a 30 foot diameter burst (a 7x7 square area)
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You growl the huffing, chuffing, stanzas of this spell in a deep throaty voice, before sending forth a raging ball of fire as big as your head to explode in a fiery maelstrom. The ball of fire explodes unerringly where you direct it, as long as you have line of sight and line of effect to that square. This fiery ball is too large to attempt sending it through small passages.
- The ball explodes into massive gouts of heavy, almost liquid flame, red and smoky. This exerts no pressure, and so does not inflict Sunders or Siege Damage in any way. All creatures wholly or partially in the area of effect must make a saving throw as defined above. Those who fail their save take (Circle 6 damage): 1d6+2 points of damage per character level (max 16d6+32 at character level 16) of fire (energy, common) damage, and gain the Burned condition, dealing fire damage. Those who make their save take only half damage, and are Singed.
- If the creatures affected by this spell already have the Burned condition from a prior casting of this spell, they receive a -3 penalty on their saving throw and the Burned condition is increased to Immolated, save or not, dealing yet more fire. If the creatures affected by this spell already have the Singed condition from a prior casting of this spell, they receive a -1 penalty to their saving throw and the Singed condition is escalated to Burned if they make the save, and Immolated if they fail the save. Casting this spell on creatures suffering from the Immolated condition from two or more prior castings of this spell does not penalize the save, but if the save is failed, they gain Vulnerable to fire for the rest of the encounter.