Continual Flame (Spell)
- Level: Cleric 3, Paladin 2, Sorcerer/Wizard 2
- School: Evocation
- Subdomain: day 2
- Elemental School: void 2
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (Ruby dust worth 50 gp.)
- Range: Touch
- Target or Area: One held object
- Duration: A year and a day
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- A flame, equivalent in brightness to a torch, springs forth from an object that you hold. The effect looks like a regular flame, but it creates no heat and doesn't use oxygen. A Continual Flame can be covered and hidden but not smothered or quenched.
- At any point during the spell's duration, while holding the item affected by the spell, you can make a Melee Touch Attack as a swift action against an enemy within your reach. By doing so, you extinguish the magic of the spell into them, inflicting (Circle 2 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 6d6 at character level 6) points of light (energy, uncommon) damage. The creature struck is allowed a saving throw as described above to only take half damage. Once an object affected by Continual Flame has been used in this fashion, it no longer emits light, and the spell effect is ended, regardless of any remaining duration.
- You may only ever have one item enchanted by this spell active at a time (per caster). If you cast this spell upon any other item while another item's enchantment is still in effect, the older item's spell expires, replaced by the new item.