Crushing Despair (Spell)
- Level: Bard 3, Sorcerer/Wizard 4
- School: Enchantment
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe) , a 30 foot cone (6x6 space adjacent to the casters space)
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Will partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You pronounce the bleak dirge that is this lugubrious spell in a leaden tone of voice, head hanging as if the weight of your existential despair is too great to bear...and then you share.
- An invisible cone of despair causes great sadness in the subjects. Each affected creature takes (Circle 4 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 12d6+12 at character level 12) of quiescent (energy, rare) damage, as they battle against the urge to just fall down and die on the spot. A saving throw as described above lowers the tide of dolorous woe to half damage.