Damnation Stride (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 5
- School: Enchantment
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, M (A fine mirror, ruined in a fire, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Long (200 ft. + 20 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: you and touched objects or other touched willing creatures, plus (see text)
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- What sort of a maniac deliberately pronounces a word of OM...incorrectly? Whoever they were, their insanity has been preserved as the dangerous spell, Damnation Stride, which is literally Dimension Door, only broken.
- Paradoxically, this broken spell is harder to master and cast than Dimension Door, because doing it wrong and surviving is not simple.
- This spell functions like a Dimension Door (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), except you leave behind a burst of fire. The space you vacate and all adjacent spaces (a 3x3 area) are engulfed in a brief flicker of seething hellfire, that is snuffed as the portal stabilizes. This fire inflicts (Circle 5 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 15d6+15 at character level 15) of fire (energy, common) to all creatures wholly or partially caught within it. Creatures are allowed a saving throw as described above to take half damage. You can bring others with you using this spell, but they are subject to the damage it inflicts...which can be a problem.
- This spell can be used with all Feats that apply to Dimension Door.