Dancing Lights (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 0
- School: Illusion
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: Up to four lights, all within a 10-ft.-radius area
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You chant words of nonsense and whimsy, and contort your fingers into mystical symbols that probably mean nothing at all. Calling upon the skeins of deceit and secrecy that enshroud the mystical auras of all creatures, you bring forth one or more dim lights that obey your will for a brief time.
- You can command these lights to configure themselves in one of the following ways:
- up to four lights that resemble torches (casting bright light in a 20' radius, each)
- up to four glowing spheres of light (which look like will-o'-wisps, and cast dim light in a 20' radius, each)
- one faintly glowing, vaguely humanoid shape
- The Dancing Lights must stay within a 10-foot-radius area in relation to each other but otherwise move as you desire: forward or back, up or down, straight or turning corners, or the like. The lights can move up to 100 feet per round, and commanding them to move is a free action. A light winks out if the distance between you and it exceeds the spell's range, or you lose line of effect. While the lights can, theoretically, pass through solid objects, the spell's energies immediately dissipate upon doing so.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.