Deadly Image (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 8
- School: Illusion
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A bit of fleece, fancifully woven, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Long (200 ft. + 20 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: One 10 foot cube (2x2 area) per two caster levels
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Will partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 caster level
- Spell Resistance: No
- This spell functions like Minor Image (Spell), except that all senses may be included in the Illusion, or, any senses may be excluded, at the caster's discretion, with the minimum that it is effective against Standard Vision. If any creature is affected by a Deadly Image that has no sense available with which it could make a saving throw, then it is immune to the spell. Choose your sense carefully. This illusion may be animated, and by using a Move action, you can move the image within the range (to make it react to events, for example). If triggered, it inflicts (Circle 8 damage): 1d6+3 points of damage per character level (max 21d6+63 at character level 21) of fictive (energy, uncommon) damage.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.