- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 8
- School: Necromancy
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V,S,F(A charred ebony needle inlaid with tarnished silver and black iron, costing at least 4,835 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: One Ray, affecting one target creature
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You whisper blandishments and promises to the tiny blackened needle in your grasp, until the blasphemy of your declarations reach their peak. A tiny needle of shadow darts from the needle you jab toward your chosen victim.
- The shadowed needle darts forth, treated as a magical ray. You must have line of sight to your target, but it will follow any convoluted path, even dipping out of reality, to reach a target within range, no matter how carefully shielded by walls. If the caster succeeds on a ranged touch attack, the targeted victim suffers (Circle 8 damage): 1d6+3 points of damage per character level (max 21d6+63 at character level 21) of negative (energy, uncommon) damage.